One grocery item is priced high, one is priced low. Which item presents the best deal and how can you make your grocery budget stretch? First, you must figure out an amount that you want to spend for the month and divide that into how often you go grocery shopping. How often is the best? Will you go daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? Keep in mind that the more often you have to go to the store, the more expensive those trips become because of the time / gas involved.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are some tips to help you stretch your budget:
- Create your budget with a Monthly Budget Planner
- Make a Grocery List
- Plan your meals with a Menu Planner
- Check the newspapers for “sales”…stock up when items are less expensive
- Figure out which stores offer “double coupons”
- Figure if it’s worth it to drive to more than one store or not
- Use the Bulk buying stores like Sams Club, Costco, etc.
- Use Coupons and a Coupon Organizer
- Get Coupons Here if you need them
- Use a calculator to keep up with how much you have spent
- Buy & Stock up on meat only when it’s on sale ( Invest in One of These )
- Buy Generics (they are often just as good)
- Compare ingredients to see if the items are the same
- Look below the items that are “eye level” …they are the most expensive
- Look at the dented cans and close-outs that can be a tremendous savings
- Don’t purchase unnecessary items (all those items around the cashier)
- Don’t pay full price for magazines at the grocery store (some are $9 or more each) Buy Magazines At a Discount Here
- Stick to your Budget and don’t go over (put something back)
- Ask if there are any discounts available ( store loyalty programs will save you more)
- Combine store savings w/gas purchases for more loyalty points
- Use the store pharmacy, florist, gas station for more savings on the loyalty program
- Save some of your budget for non-food items that can be purchased in bulk or at a cheaper price
- Pay in cash…you’ll spend less
- Don’t bring a credit card inside the store
- Check the dollar stores for some of your personal items like toothpaste / deodorant and buy once a month
- Use money-saving apps: Saving money at DOLLAR GENERAL is this easy…using the Dollar General App
- Combine apps w/coupon use and multiply savings…may be able to get item free
- Read this to learn how to save $1000 at the grocery store
- Stick to budget for 6 months and take you one of these with the money you saved on groceries …gotta have a little motivation 🙂
Bonus tip: Don’t just save in this one area, save 10-15% of your monthly electrical bill using this.
What are some additional ways that you save money on your grocery bill? Leave us some comments below.
If this or any of the other information helped you in ANY WAY, please take a minute to (1) LIKE US on Facebook & (2) Subscribe to Our MoneySavingTipz YOUTUBE CHANNEL . Please use our (3) Amazon Affiliate Link…Click Here to help support this blog. SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS SO THAT THEY CAN SAVE MONEY TOO. 🙂